Project Estimator, Wimborne, competitive salary, flexible working hours (Monday to Friday), 23 days holiday plus bank holidays + free parking + pension
We are working with a long established and successful Wimborne Company in recruiting for a Project Estimator; the Estimator will report to the Commercial Director and the role will be one where no two projects will be the same. You will be involved in producing supply only and supply and installation detailed estimates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing supply only and supply and installation detailed estimates from drawings and bills of quantities provided by clients
- Working with other estimators and the external sales force to deliver packages on time and to client’s expectations
- Dealing with clients and assessing their needs, from material specification to revised quotations
- Negotiating best discounts from suppliers of special laminates
- Pricing and managing of sub contract works
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ideally 5 years experience working as an Estimator in a joinery or fabrication environment
- Able to confidently read construction issue drawings and understand bills of quantities
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Must be computer literate and have experience working with and using Microsoft Office
- Experience in understanding construction programmes and methods would be advantageous
This position would suit candidates currently working as an Estimator, Surveyor or Contracts Manager.
If you are interested in the position please click ‘Apply Now’, alternatively, to find out more or to see other opportunities that we have available please see Similar Jobs.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.