Structural Engineer £35,000 – £50,000 + 20 days holiday + bank holiday + free parking + pension + benefits
Our client, a growing and very well established Bournemouth based company, is recruiting for a Structural Engineer to join their existing team; you will be designing a range of projects from simple to large complex designs.
You must have the ability to use a variety of codes and design criteria and relevant previous experience of designing steel structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using computer programmes and manual techniques for the design of projects
- Assessing steel material section sizes to be used
- Providing details of connections, bolt sizes and types and welding dimensions
- Providing structural calculations
- Briefing project draughtspeople and use of 2D and/or 3D drawing programmes
- Attending contract launch meetings
- Attending meetings with clients, contractors, suppliers or architects if required
- Corresponding with clients, engineers or architects
- Advising sales staff of changes to products or projects and consequent increased costs and charges
- Particular attention must be paid to specification and customer requirements to ensure any modifications are agreed by the customer
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of CAD A3D Max
- A strong engineering background is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of Lusas and/or TEDDS would be extremely advantageous
Civil Engineering Graduates would also be considered.
This role would suit candidates currently working as a Design Engineer, Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer or Structural Designer
If you are interested in this position please click on Apply Now.
Alternatively to find out more, or to see other opportunities that we have available please see ‘Similar Jobs’.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.