Estimator job in Bournemouth
Dovetail Recruitment are working with a very well-established company in the Bournemouth area in looking for an Estimator to join their expanding Glazing Department.
The successful Estimator will be involved in pricing, the preparation of quotations, assisting with securing orders and following the project through until completion.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Logging enquiries to the database and keeping it up to date
- Following up on quotations and tracking where they sit in the marketplace
- Scheduling items from architects’ drawings and preparing itemised costs for windows, doors and curtain walling
- Using estimating programmes to prepare detailed quotations, specifications and drawings and present these to the internal sales engineers and external clients
- Logging and following up quotations and updating the database
- Producing fabrication drawings, assembly details and assembly drawings
- Updating costs when variations are required
- Attending meetings with clients or architects if required
- Corresponding with clients, engineers or architects
- Advising sales staff of changes to products or projects and consequent increased costs and charges
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience/understanding of estimating within the construction industry or similar
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Estimating experience within the glazing industry would be advantageous, but is not essential
Salary and Benefits:
- £20,000 – £25,000 p.a depending on experience
- Monday to Friday working hours
- 1 hour for lunch
- Progression and development opportunities
This Estimator role would suit candidates with good administration experience, keen to develop an estimating career within the construction industry.
If you are interested in this Estimator job in Bournemouth, please click ‘Apply Now’;
alternatively, please view ‘Similar Roles’ or click here.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
Engineering recruitment consultants covering Dorset and Hampshire
Our team of recruitment consultants have been recruiting for engineering roles in Dorset and Hampshire for many years. Our knowledge of local companies and roles is second to none.
If you are looking for a new job in this industry, please get in touch - our specialist team of consultants is here to help. Samantha is our Engineering Recruitment specialist and has built up a great network of people she knows and trusts to find you the best roles in this sector in Dorset & Hampshire. Combining this with her specialist knowledge of the sector - you won’t be in better hands if you’re looking for your first or next move in Engineering or Construction.
The roles that Samantha looks after include: Field Service, Mechanical, Electrical or Design Engineer, Maintenance or Project Engineer, Logistics Manager, Warehouse and Transport Manager, Project Manager, Project Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor and Structural Steel Erector.
You can view our current roles here. If you don't see a role that you're looking for, please get in touch. We take a proactive approach and will use our knowledge of Dorset and Hampshire's engineering companies to find you the role that you are looking for.
Visit the Dovetail Blog for industry articles and Career Skills advice.