Operational Risk Officer Job in Wimborne – 14-month Contract
Dovetail Recruitment are excited to be working with a company in Wimborne who are recruiting an Operational Risk Officer to join their friendly team on a contract basis. This company value their staff and have a great company culture meaning you’ll become part of a stable and appreciated team while enjoying a great work/life balance. Just looking at their benefits shows they place a large importance on ensuring their teams are happy and well looked after.
The Operational Risk Officer will be responsible for supporting business related decisions, including risk management and risk assessments.
Please note: This is a Hybrid contract role based in Wimborne, Dorset and you will need to be able to travel to the office.
Salary and Benefits:
- £DOE– Open to offers
- Hybrid working available
- 27 days holiday (+ 8 Bank Holidays)
- Monday – Friday hours of 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- Annual Car Parking permit
- Discounts for many local businesses
- Employee assistance programme + 24/7 counselling and support helpline
- 24/7 Virtual GP surgery and private prescription service
- Access to PERKS scheme
- Discounts on local private gyms
- An active Social Committee that arranges lots of fun complimentary employee events throughout the year!
Duties and Responsibilities of the Operational Risk Officer:
- To support the embedding of a robust risk management framework, including risk management and policy reviews, to be monitored on a regular basis
- To provide independent oversight and challenge from a risk management point of view
- To provide oversight, challenge, and guidance in relation to the risk management processes, practices and knowledge of the 1st Line of Defence (operational areas)
- To review the methodology used for risk assessment and control and make suggestions for change as required
- To assist the business in identifying risks by using appropriate methods such as workshops and brainstorming sessions
- To assist the business so that risks and controls are accurately evaluated and recorded in the risk database
- To maintain and enhance loss/risk event recording and reporting and, where possible, make recommendations to avoid further losses
- To ensure that the business understands its appetite for risk enabling decisions to be made accordingly. To develop Key Risk Indicators linked to this to provide an ‘early warning’ of potential risks and an ability to measure the Society’s risk profile
- To support the creation of accurate and meaningful reports to committees (and managers)
- Ensuring the analysis can be used to assist in the making of business decisions and the challenging of the Society’s systems and controls in respect of risk management
- To provide input to the Society’s projects from a risk management perspective as required
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to business continuity and operational resilience planning
- To provide oversight and challenge in relation to processes and arrangements for outsourcing and third-party risk management
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience within an analytical role
- Highly detail orientated
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade and influence others
This Operational Risk Officer job in Wimborne would suit candidates who have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical and fact-finding skills.
If you are interested in this Operational Risk Officer job in Wimborne, please click on ‘Apply Now’.
Alternatively, please click here to see our other Jobs in Bournemouth, Dorset & Hampshire.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
Helping you to find your next accounts or finance role
At Dovetail Recruitment we have been recruiting locally for accounts and finance vacancies for many years. We have a deep understanding of the local market and we're committed to finding the right roles for all of our candidates.
If you are looking for a new accounts or financial job in Dorset or Hampshire, please get in touch. We are a boutique recruitment agency with a personal touch. We'll get to know you and will match you up with the right company and role. Suzanne & Laura look after our Accounts & Finance Recruitment from entry level right up to Finance Director & Finance Controller level. Example roles include: Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, Accounts Managers, Management Accountants, Credit Controllers, Accounts Assistants, Accounts Administrators, Bookkeepers.
View our current Accounts and Financial jobs, even if you don't see the perfect role for you, please get in touch. We are a proactive team, with our knowledge of the local market we'll help you find the job you are looking for.