Risk Manager Job in Wimborne – 12 month contract
Do you want to work for a company who have an outstanding reputation for being a fantastic employer in the local area due to their emphasis on work/life balance and benefits? Dovetail Recruitment are excited to be working with this client, and are assisting them with recruiting for a new Operational Risk Manager to work within their new project team. This is a 12 – 18 month contract depending on the length of the project.
We now have the opportunity for an experienced Risk Manager to join the business and work on a specialist project to bring a new system online within the business. This company have an excellent staff retention rate due to their inclusive and supportive culture. While many teams have been in situ for over 15 years, they still have an open mind, and are open to change demonstrated by the new projects that are currently running.
- £55 – 60,000 per annum
- Hybrid & remote working available
- 27 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Monday – Friday hours of 9.00 am – 5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch making this a 35 hour working week
- Annual Car Parking permit
- Discounts for many local businesses
- Employee assistance programme + 24/7 counselling and support helpline
- 24/7 Virtual GP surgery and private prescription service
- Access to PERKS scheme
- Discounts on local private gyms
- An active Social Committee who arrange lots of fun complimentary events throughout the year!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Risk Manager:
- Ensure that there is a robust risk management framework including risk management and policy reviews and that this is monitored on a regular basis
- Provide independent oversight and challenge from a risk management point of view on the management of the Project’s risks
- Review methodology used for risk assessment and control and make suggestions for change as required
- Assist the project in identifying their risks by using appropriate methods such as workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Give assurance that risks and controls are accurately evaluated and recorded in the risk database
- Ensure that the project understands the Society’s appetite for risk, enabling decisions to be made accordingly and to develop Key Risk Indicators linked to this
- Provide accurate and meaningful reports to the Transformation Project Committee (and managers) and Board committees as required, ensuring that analysis of risks can assist in the making of business decisions and challenging the Society’s systems and controls in respect of risk management of the Project
- Be responsible for the oversight of Risk Management MI presented to the Society’s committees that have a responsibility for oversight of risk management
- Provide training to those working on the Project where necessary
- Provide assurance and advice on relevant aspects of Business Continuity Planning and Operational Resilience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience within Risk Management
- Experience within the financial services sector would be ideal but is not essential
- Able to encourage a positive attitude to change
This Risk Manager job in Wimborne would suit candidates who are happy to work within a contract position who have experience in a similar position.
If you are interested in this Risk Manager job in Wimborne, please click on ‘Apply Now’.
Alternatively, please click here to see our other Jobs in Bournemouth, Dorset & Hampshire.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
HR and General Recruitment SpecialistsAt Dovetail Recruitment we have been recruiting for HR and office staff for Dorset and Hampshire based companies for over 20 years. Our team of specialist HR & General Recruitment consultants offer a very personal service. We know our clients and the local Dorset and Hampshire market very well which means that we can help you find your perfect job. Laura & Suzanne look after our HR and General Office roles and they are dedicated to matching their candidates with their perfect role. Typical HR & office roles include: HR Managers, HR Assistants, PAs, Secretarial roles and Administration. You can view our current HR and general office roles here. If you don't see the perfect role for you, please get in touch. We take a proactive approach for all of our candidates, using our deep knowledge of the local market we'll help you find the job you are looking for. Visit the Dovetail Blog for articles to help you in your job search.
IT and Technical Recruitment Consultants for Dorset and Hampshire
Our team of recruitment consultants specialise in IT and Technical Recruitment for companies across Dorset and Hampshire.
We have a detailed understanding of the companies and jobs available in the technical and procurement sector. Laura and Suzanne are our recruitment specialists in this area and they are very dedicated to helping candidates find the perfect next step on their career ladder.
View our current technical and procurement job vacancies. If you're looking for a specific role or career move and don't see a vacancy listed that matches your requirements, please get in touch. We will understand what you are looking for and then take a proactive approach using our local market knowledge, to help you find your perfect new job.