Supply Chain Assistant Job in Christchurch
Dovetail Recruitment are excited to be working with a growing company near Christchurch who are looking to add a new Supply Chain Assistant to their team.
As the Supply Chain Assistant, you will be responsible for working directly with customers, manufacturers, factories and suppliers to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of stock. Experience dealing with suppliers in China is essential and FMCG industry experience is highly advantageous.
- Prepare purchase orders and send order requests to all suppliers and factories, following up to check orders have been process
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Track all orders and oversee shipment arrivals and bookings, ensuring all shipments are within agreed timetables and deadlines
- Prepare packing lists, parcels and arrival dates for all deliveries arranged
- Monitor stock levels, handling and distribution
- Work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and performance of supply chain and use process sheets to track goods from origin to delivery
- Manage shipment costs and applicability, querying with the suppliers and negotiating on material and order costs
- Manage communication with the customer for any changes to product volumes / ship dates
- Prepare deposit payments
- Manage all customer order documentation and ensure it is completed accurately
- Perform inventory and administrative tasks as needed such as preparing and forwarding order documentation, updating databases, filing, and organising documents for accounts team
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience in a supply chain or purchasing position within an
- Must have experience dealing with suppliers in China
- Attention to detail with strong planning and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Great communication and customer service skills
Salary & Benefits:
- £20 – 25k
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free parking
- Excellent company growth and stability
This Supply Chain Assistant Christchurch would suit candidates with experience dealing with suppliers in the far east and building strong relationships with customers, who have a strong understanding of shipping.
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Now’. Alternatively, please see our vacancy page for other opportunities.
Job Search Tips:
Dovetail Recruitment are an independent Recruitment Agency in Bournemouth. Follow us to keep up to date with The South’s Job Market Report, Recruitment in Hampshire & Dorset + HR news, as well as our latest jobs, career tips + everything else related to your working world.
Refer a Friend
If this role isn't for you, but you know someone that might be interested – take advantage of our Refer a Friend scheme and earn yourself up to £250.
Engineering and procurement recruitment agency covering Dorset and Hampshire
Our team of recruitment consultants have been recruiting for engineering and procurement roles in Dorset and Hampshire for many years. Our knowledge of local companies and roles is second to none.
If you are looking for a new job in this industry, please get in touch - our specialist team of consultants is here to help. Laura is our Engineering Recruitment specialist and has built up a great network of people she knows and trusts to find you the best roles in this sector in Dorset & Hampshire. Combining this with her specialist knowledge of the sector - you won’t be in better hands if you’re looking for your first or next move in Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing or Construction.
You can view our current roles here. If you don't see a role that you're looking for, please get in touch. We take a proactive approach and will use our knowledge of Dorset and Hampshire's engineering companies to find you the role that you are looking for.
Visit the Dovetail Blog for industry articles and Career Skills advice.