Marketing salary surveys – is it time to make a change?
For all marketers – the latest marketing salary surveys are below. So how does your salary stack up against your peers?
Now and again, it’s always good to take stock of where you are in your career, think about what you’re long term goals are and if you’re on track. Find out which sectors pay their marketers the best salaries and which sectors do marketers most want to work in? See below for details of marketing salaries by job title and by sector.
Take a minute to check if you’re in line with the national averages across the sectors with the latest salary survey from Marketing Week. The survey of 3,435 marketing and digital professionals was conducted in collaboration with Marketing Week’s sister brand Econsultancy – and I’ve summarised the key findings below for you.
Marketing Salaries by Job title
|Marketing Job Role||Salary||+ / – since 2016|
|Marketing Director||£80, 344||+£ 166|
|Market Research Manager||£50,230||+ £3,839|
|Marketing Analytics||£47,789||+ £820|
|Direct Marketing Manager||£47,523||+ £1400|
|Product Management||£47, 146||– £3,564|
|Online Marketing Manager||£45,393||– £522|
|Marketing Manager||£45,059||– £1,141|
|PR Manager||£42,710||– £150|
|Internal Communications||£40,037||– £2,140|
|Brand Management||£39,991||– £16|
|Other Marketing & PR||£39,692||+ £4,411|
|Advertising / Sponsorship||£39,209||+ £3,956|
|Campaign Manager||£39,208||– £1,294|
|Market Research Analyst||£37,244||– £865|
|Digital Marketing||£36,795||+ £864|
|Events Management||£36,124||– £2,553|
|Account Manager||£35,590||– £295|
|Market Research – Executive||£30,565||+ 4,007|
|Marketing Executive||£29,137||+ £920|
|Direct Marketing Executive||£29,033||– £84|
|Online Marketing Executive||£28,030||– £50|
|PR Executive||£27,668||+ £963|
|Events Assistant||£24,494||– £82|
|Marketing Assistant||£22,855||+ £32|
- Highest jumps in salary in the last year: go to those in
‘other marketing /pr’, Market Research – Executive and Manager and those in ‘Advertisting & Sponsorship.
There is also a survey available on the number of jobs available in marketing generally, in comparison to last year.
- According to this, the current number of marketing jobs available in the UK is 8,610 – which has decreased by 279.
- The role most in demand today, is unsurprisingly Digital Marketing Manager at 1223 vacancies, which is up by 166 on last year.
- The role least in demand is in the category of ‘Advertising & Sponsorship’ at only 38. n.b. This is likely to be due to changes in job titles, and this would naturally fall under a digital marketers or marketers role, along with other responsibilities.
Marketing Salaries by Sector
- ‘The survey finds that 33% of respondents would like to work in the travel and leisure sector, with 32.3% eyeing up a move into retail, wholesale and ecommerce, while 30.8% show an interest in entertainment.’
- Gaming & Gambling pay the highest salaries.
- Education pays the lowest salaries in marketing.
- Although Utilities is the second highest for salary – only 1.7% of marketers are considering a move into this sector.
You can also take advantage of Marketing Week’s useful Interactive Salary Checker for more insight into how your salary compares in today’s market.
Related Marketing Articles from Dovetail
Salaries in Dorset and Hampshire are on the up!
How to stay ahead in your marketing career
The top 5 marketing challenges facing your business
How creative candidates can benefit business
View our current sales & marketing jobs