Blue Monday? Let’s turn it on it’s head!
According to the ‘Experts’ today is Blue Monday! So, if you weren’t already aware it’s meant to be the most depressing day of the year.
We do things a bit differently at Dovetail, so we’ve turned it on its head to look at the positives.
According to the formula below – this is how the experts worked it out. So if you’re not feeling blue – here’s why you should :0)
“The formula uses many factors, including weather conditions, debt level (the difference between debt accumulated and our ability to pay), time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and feeling of a need to take action” Wikipedia
So, without dwelling any more on the ‘what or why’ of Blue Monday we thought we’d look at the why not! Don’t fall into the trap of feeling blue, there are lots of reasons to enjoy today and the rest of January in fact.
The start of a New Year heralds a world of new challenges – so come on, new year, grab those new opportunities and new adventures just waiting for you.
- 2018 has well and truly arrived -in fact, we’re already halfway through January which is reportedly the most depressing month of the year.
- We’ve just had a fabulous Christmas break seeing lots of friends and family, eating great food and having some downtime to focus on what’s important.
- The weather is amazing today – blue skies, sunshine, can’t ask for better!
- Holiday plans need to be made which can only be a fun thing to do, so sit down, get comfortable and get brainstorming ideas, and browsing.
- New Year- Aim to do something new this year, ever done a bucket list – why not do one now?
- Debt levels – most people have some debt, so why not look at it as a challenge to overcome and manage better.
- At Dovetail – we live by the sea, even when the weather is bad – you can’t beat seaside living for the soul
- A cliche, but very true – there’s always someone worse off than you, whatever your situation is. Always focus on the positives.
- So, why not get the spring cleaning started early, and blow some bad habits out the window at the beginning of the year.
There’s no better time to do things better, smarter, faster or just differently – it’s down to you to make it happen!